“I’m often asked what my favorite part of my job is, and my answer is always the same: I’m part of thousands of children’s stories of how they got to their parents.”
Kris has dedicated over 40 years to helping build families through IVF, private adoption, foster care adoption, embryo adoption, donor conceptions and surrogacy. Not only is the social work field her career – it is her life’s passion. Kris has played an important role in not only changing individuals’ lives through a variety of family building services, but also the industry as a whole.
Here is a quick look at some of the highlights throughout Kris’ journey:
- Had first experience with surrogacy on her family’s cattle farm
- 1972-1976 – Social worker of the foster care and adoption program for Missouri Division of Family Services
- 1978-1986 – Executive director of infant adoption program for Child Placement Services at Community of Christ
- 1986-Present – National speaker for Infertility and Adoption Conference Group
- 1986-Present – Professional member of American Adoption Congress and presenter
- 1987-1988 – Organized infertility support group, Resolve of Kansas City, through St. Luke’s Hospital System
- 1988-1990 – Provided support and counseling for clients going through IVF at Reproductive Resource Center of Overland Park Regional Hospital
- 1989 – Facilitated first open adoption in Kansas City
- 1990 – Organized a variety of conferences regarding donor conception, infertility, and adoption
- 1991-Present – Began own adoption agency, Adoption and Fertility Resources, licensed in Missouri and Kansas, and provides counseling and consultation for adoptive couples, infertile couples, intended parents, embryo adoptive parents, donor conceptions, and more.
- 1993 – Consultant for infertility practices in Kansas City.
- 2009-Present – conducts webinars for the Embryo Adoption Awareness Center
- 2014-Present – consultant for American Surrogacy
Please click the following to read Kris’ full resume.